Re: [WriteLog] RE: OPTION to Friend.ini in SSB test

To: dick.w7zr@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RE: OPTION to Friend.ini in SSB test
From: "llindblom@juno.com" <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:32:32 GMT
In relation to TRs ability to keep track of names, that is why some of us just
for fun switch names from one NAQP to the next.  It forces the other operator
to copy the name you send instead of just using whatever the logging program
fills in.

73 W0ETC

-- Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@gmail.com> wrote:
You hit it for a triple.  Now for a home run think of all of the
information that the TR program can keep on a call and how it is used
in a contest.  Name, State, etc.  Sounds to me that this could be the
basis for version 11.

Dick W7ZR

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:54:14 -0800, Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com> wrote:
> Dick, W7ZR wrote:
>
>  > Is there a way of calling up the friend.ini file in a SSB test?  I
>  > know the %H in CW and RTTY but how about for eg NAQP SSB?
>
> Sorry I can't help you, but an interesting OPTION comes to mind.  If it's
> already doable, I'd appreciate knowing.
>
> Since names are often changed in the NAQP SSB from contest to contest (I've
> observed it), the friend.ini may leave something to be desired and/or
> require time-consuming corrections.
>
> What would be nice is once the name is entered, if desired or by those who
> use this approach, a string could be put in the an F-message field that
> upon completion of the QSO & at log entry, the following could be spit out:
>
>         <tnx.wav><space.wav><name.wav><space.wav><mycall.wav><na.wav>   (If
> you're
> Running)
>
>         <tnx.wav><space.wav><name.wav><space.wav><myname.wav><mystate.wav>
> (If an
> S&P QSO)
>
> Obviously, this would require WL processing 'name.wav' similiar to what we
> now have with 'fullcallsign.wav' capability, and a bunch of precorded
> 'barry.wav' , 'john.wav' , 'oj.wav' , etc. files in the .wav sub-directory.
>
> The SLICK-O thing (to avoid "Tnx, Bee-Aye-R-R-Whyyyyy" resulting from no
> 'barry.wav' pre-recorded file is found), would be a simple configuration
> option like:  (Checkboxes or Radio Buttons)  ___Yes  ___No  Skip name.wav
> Xmt if NO pre-recorded file is found
>
> Yes, this would be SLICK-O (IMHO).
>
> --- Calling the WL Wish List...come in, over!  :-)
>
> 73...
>
> Rick, K6VVA

Tnx es 73
Dick W7ZR