: Re: [WriteLog] why no XP LPT keying?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: : Re: [WriteLog] why no XP LPT keying?
From: "Mel Martin" <mel.martin@axare.mail.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:50:52 -0500
The problem is that COM ports are relatively consistent in driver
implementation, wheras LPT ports are not.

I use DX4Win, for example, and ver 6.03 will work for *some* LPT ports,
but not all. It won't work with my Lava card. (Ver 6.04 has added some
extra configuration parameters and should work with more cards) But
configuration complexity becomes an issue... LPT ports are not "plug and
play" under XP for Amateur applications.... Though the LPT port on most
motherboards seems pretty generic.

Also, LPT ports are going the way of the dinosaur... So it might be
worth considering switching to COM port keying for CW.