[WriteLog] LPT ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT ports
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:22:02 +0000
All,

Yesterday, I stepped into this morass also. As you know I have the IC756 Pro II, to CT-17 to W5XD Keyer and from its output port to my Top Ten decoder for my antenna filter switching. I still have not found the problem with the relays sometimes coming unswitched at the end of my transmission. So I decided for the wpx to try the Parallel Port instead to get the Antenna Relay band data.

So I installed User Port following the advice recently published. Installed the driver, ran the userport.exe, changed the writelog ini file for LPT1 address.

After several reboots, while trying to setup the ports for antenna relay, I seem to have it working. But I have both LPT1 and LPT2 (don't have such a physical port) showing up in Writelog. LPT1 does seem to provide band data for antenna switching. But the physical port device is still showing the Microsoft Driver not the userport driver?

Also in the ini file example, writelog.ini[Ports] it shows -

AntRelayonLpt3=YES,1
AntRelayonLpt1=YES

What is the "1" parameter? What does it do for me?

In my ini, I added the line

LPT1=0x378

and Writelog added after Setup, Ports the line

AntRelayonLpt1=YES,1

Jerry, W6IHG