Re: [WriteLog] AMD SEMPRON AD!

To: "DON BENSON" <dabenson@verizon.net>,"WriteLog Reflector" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] AMD SEMPRON AD!
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:31:34 +0000
Hi Don

I bought the local CompUSA's last  Compaq SR1300NX yesterday afternoon. At
$360 AR with flatscreen 17 monitor, it looks like a very good value. I have
been able to transfer my 2s1p I/O card to it OK, but it DOES NOT SUPPORT
two sound cards (so says Compaq  tech support and my experience agrees).

Since a monitor came free with it, I am also trying to get two monitor
support, but looks like I will have to buy a PCI video card to get this -
my old AGP one doesn't work (and shouldn't, according to Compaq tech support).

BTW, I had 4 positive replies to my query, and no negatives.

Haven't installed WriteLog yet - maybe later tonight.

Jerry W4UK