[WriteLog] NAQP M/2, no clue how to setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NAQP M/2, no clue how to setup
From: <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:31:18 -0500
I seriously must be doing something wrong.  Decided to try M/2 for NAQP this
weekend, but I am just not understanding what i need to do.

Previously, i've operated SO2R, open a copy of Writelog on each computer,
create the log, copy the messages over, and take off.  With M/2 I have to show
which radio is logging the contact, and make sure that I dont change bands too
often.

I opened the BandChanges window, however it just basically tracked back and
forth when each radio makes a contact.  So I read some things on Scotts site,
went in and saw the Window Radio Left, Window Radio Right, Window Run Radio,
Windows mult radio.  I selected the Window Right for the right computer, Window
Left for the Left computer, Run for the Right computer (cause it shows R in the
band changes) and mult for the left radio.  I opened the network window, see it
tracking both computers, open the band change window and the same thing still
happens.  Furthermore, when I log on the Left/Mult radio, a 1 appears in both
the R and the M columns on both computers.  If I log on the Right/Run radio, a
1 shows in the R window but a 0 shows in the M window.  This leads me to
believe thats the reason the band change window isnt working correctly.  Does
this mean that each time it logged a 1 in both columns it thought that both
radios logged the contact, thus the reason for the band c
 hange to not work correctly?

I've read Scotts site, and got a few things from the Archives, but there's no
concise Howto on M/2.  There's DEFINITELY nothing about it in the help file,
which isn't a surprise, since its never been much of a help.

Whats the problem?  Why isnt my band change working and what about the R and M
both showing 1's when the left/mult radio logs a contact but shows a 1 and a 0
when the right/run radio logs?  If Im running M/2, and want both radios to CQ
or both Radios to S/p, does it make a difference if I've chosen one to be the
Run and one to be the Mult?  This is 2 runs or 2 mults.  Does this show
correctly in the log?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Charlie