[WriteLog] Voice Keyer PTT problem with FT897

To: WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [WriteLog] Voice Keyer PTT problem with FT897
From: HA5X <writelog-reflector@hkr.hu>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:15:23 +0100
Hello All,

I want to make WriteLog voice keyer (soundcard) work with my Yaesu
FT-897. No luck. Has anyone succeded?

Is it possible to tell Writelog to only use RTS for PTT when the
soundboard DVK is activated?

It seems that transmitting from DVK will only activate the CAT-PTT, but
not RTS.

Unfortunately Yaesu's FT897/FT857 is over-intelligent:
if the CAT PTT is activated while the radio is in SSB mode,
the radio will only take input on the front MIC plug,
but nothing on the rear data input-output connector I use for all othe
modes and which port I want to use.

Can Writelog be told to use RTS for DVK transmission and disable the
CAT  PTT?
I have found the opposite feature in writelog.ini,  i.e. disable
RTS...   But I want to enable RTS and
disable CAT-PTT.  Is it possible?

73, Chris HA5X