[WriteLog] WL CW problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL CW problem
From: "SGT Korey Chandler" <korey.chandler@us.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:31:44 +0400
Hi, All.

Writelog and CW do not play well on my computer. I have version 10.54C and
had a intermittent "stuttering" problem with CW transmission. In an attempt
to fix it, I followed the advice of disabling the print spooler, which
didn't help, and bought a rig control/CW keying cable. The cable didn't help
either.

As a last resort, I purchased and built a K1EL WinKeyer kit. It seemed to
solve the problem at first (no more stuttering) but now there's a new issue.
I run 30wpm most of the time during pileups/contests and, upon pressing a CW
memory function button, the first character is sent considerably slower and
then comes up to speed for the rest. Has anyone else had these issues and
know how to fix them?

I've tried using 2 different computers to no avail. I'm running an HP
Pavilion DV-1000 laptop with 2 each USB-to-serial converters. OS is WinXP
Home.

I really loved using WL during the WPX phone contest. CW is my favored mode
and I'd hate to not be able to use it for contesting. It sounds too sloppy
for me to use as is right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

73,

Korey