Re: [WriteLog] IC7400(746PRO) polling

To: Clive Whelan <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>,writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IC7400(746PRO) polling
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:03:07 -0700 (PDT)
--- Clive Whelan <clive.whelan@btinternet.com> wrote:

> My IC7400 reads frequency in WL ( using IC746PRO), but more often than not
> doesn't update on tuning, or even changing band. Sometimes it does, others
> not, with no particular logic. Changing Rigpollinterval doesn't seem to make
> any difference ( default=500 which has always worked fine on Yaesu and
> Kenwood).

Clive, I don't know how Writelog works specifically, but when using CT,
"transceive" mode needs to be enabled.  This causes the radio to "babble"
anytime you turn the dial or change bands.

Look for a setting in the rig's menu for "CI-V Transceive".  If it's off, set
it to on.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us