Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 30, Issue 7

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 30, Issue 7
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:01:46 -0000
Thanks Marc, that's exactly what I found by accident!

I'm told however that transceive on works with WL if you don't poll the rig,
and set a fixed baud rate ( say 9600 baud) and not AUTO. Boy this is a
complicated business innit!

73

Clive

K3NCO wrote

<Clive,

Most of the Icom rigs need to have TRANSCEIVE OFF with WL. The problem is
that they "babble" so much when it is on that the single wire xmt/rcv data
line suffers from lots of collisions, and when WL tries to poll the rig,
the request frequently gets clobbered, making it appear that updates are
slow to infrequent. I've seen this with a 746, a 756-ProI, and a 756-ProII.>