[WriteLog] CAT Support

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CAT Support
From: "Don Melcher" <don@hfradio.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:22:06 -0700
Jim

I am the "pesky" West Coast user he refers to - I have the remote
station that he has been using for development - for one reason is that
latency issues are a big problem and being 1/2 the world away, Simon can
get a better feel of performance. The other is I own just about every
type of radio that HRD talks to - including 2 K2's - so fear not. Simon
first used my station to develop the support for the Icom PCR-1000, so
it is a proven method.

All the radios that HRD supports will work, much like the N4PY Pegasus
programs. HRD is set up to control the radio (as long as it is supported
by HRD - the make/model doesn't matter) as usual - and WL talks to HRD
by setting up WL as connecting to a Kenwood (and later Icom) radio on
the "virtual" com port that HRD is using to talk with WL. The beauty is
that this will allow radios that WL doesn't necessarily support - such
as the SDR-1000 (yes - I have one of those too) when it is supported by
HRD (coming soon to a computer near you).

Don
W6CZ