Re: [WriteLog] Networking and dups in log

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Networking and dups in log
From: "G3SJJ" <g3sjj@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:30:19 +0100
Hi Phil, I think the bottom line is that a contest adjudicator wouldn't
penalise you for dupes these days, and particularly if you noted that you
had experienced problems.

Interesting though because at GU8D in the recent IOTA contest we had some
networking problems which we hadn't encountered with WL before.  We had 5
laptops Wifi networked. Two of them kept connected all the time but the
other three dropped out several times.
Each time they were re-connected dupes were introduced to a total of 250,
almost 10% of our overall 2600 QSOs. To assist our analysis I have taken
them out of the log.

What is worrying us now is that as well as not experiencing this before, we
now read that the latest upgrade has (Quote) "Fixed problems with TCP/IP
networking having more than 2 workstations."  So we wonder, is this to fix
something that has been broken?

We ran 4 machines last year with no problem, we have problems this year and
then a fix comes out. Hmmm

Chris G3SJJ