Re: [WriteLog] Data recovery help needed

To: "AD8J" <ad8j@comcast.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Data recovery help needed
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:56:53 -0500
You might want to get an external case for your HD.  I assume
it is a 2.5 inch drive so here is a link to a BUNCH of HD
cases with USB interface for about $15 (+/-).

http://dealsonic.com/25usb20.html

I've recovered data this way for a number of systems.  Just pull
the hard drive and install it into the USB case and then plug
that into the USB port of another computer.  I keep a few of the
HD cases (3.5 inch) ones around -- both USB 2 and FireWire
just in case something goes wrong with the dozen or more computers
around here.  I just don't happen to have a 2.5 inch case.

73 es gl   John  W0UN