Re: [WriteLog] places that programs get started

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] places that programs get started
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:21:18 -0800
Don't know about Windows XP as I run ME.  In ME I go to Start/Run and type
in 'msconfig'.  When the resulting
System Configuration Utility window (it may be named something else in XP)
opens click on the Startup tab.  This shows you all the junk that various
programs have installed to load and run in the background at startup.  Find
the ones you want to kill and uncheck the box.  The next time you restart
they will not be loaded and run.  Anyone know how to permanently delete this
stuff instead of just deselecting it?  Or is that a job that involves poking
around in the Registry?

Gary AL9A