[WriteLog] LPT band data for SO2R

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT band data for SO2R
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:56:33 -0700 (PDT)
I want to run SO2R using a Kenwood radio and a Yaesu radio
driving a shared linear.  I need to send band data to the
linear corresponding to whichever radio is currently transmitting.
The Yaesu radio provides band data.  I need to get Writelog
to put the Kenwood band data on the LPT port along with the
bit for left vs right radio.  I will then use the left/right bit to
tell the linear whether to follow the LPT port or the Yaesu
band data connnection.  Is this possible, and if so how do I tell
Writelog to put the Kenwood data on the LPT port (as opposed
to the Yaesu data)?  The port setup help files are not clear on this
and when I run the program, LPT is currently grayed out because
I don't have LPT support installed.  (Any recommendations on LPT
software for Win2K would be appreciated as I need to get that as well.)

Alternately, what would work for me is if Writelog simply put
the band data of the currently transmitting rig on the LPT port,
then I could feed that directly into the linear.  This would slightly
simplify my control box.

In case anyone is wondering, the linear is a solid state linear
with reed relays that change bands in milliseconds.

I would like to avoid spending several hundred dollars on a
KRC-2 or similar band decoder that snoops on the Kenwood RS-232
port.

Rick N6RK