[WriteLog] Time value is missing in some spots

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Time value is missing in some spots
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:38:35 -0500
I posted this a few weeks ago, updated to 10.55D, and thought
the problem was fixed, but I continue to experience spots with
no time value, and all of the cases have no "country" nor "state"
before and after the time in the packet window.  For example,
this spot this past weekend, had this entry in the packet window:

DX DE KC2NMZ: 28450.0 VP6SL  Light, light ...      2019Z

i. e., there was no country prefix before the time, and there
was not state after the time,

but in the packet spot window, the spot had no time value shown.

However, WriteLog must have kept the time internally; checking
the sort by asimuth box reordered the spots by azimuth, but then
unchecking it to put them back in time order, that spot WAS put
back in the correct place, based on the before and after
timestamps of the adjacent spots in the spot window.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem, or just the only one
observing the problem, because
who uses the azmiuth checkbox, as that is when knowing the time
value is most important.

If someone else can verify what I'm seeing, then perhaps Wayne
will be able to diagnose and correct the occasional missing times
in the packet spot window.

73

Barry, W5GN