Re: [WriteLog] Heil -> .WAV files

To: "Rick Mintz" <Rmintz@Rochester.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Heil -> .WAV files
From: "Richard Thorne" <rmthorne@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 06:38:11 -0500
Hi Rick:

I had the same problem.  I ended up getting Heil's new Pro Media headset.
The head set looks just like a Pro Head Set but the mic element is designed
to drive a sound card and the connectors are 1/8" plugs which fit the sound
card.

I need to make an extension so I can plug the headset into the phone plug on
my Mark V while the mic of the headset is plugged into the mic input of my
sound card.

The new mic drives the sound card with no problems.  Its very nice to be
able to record wav files on the fly. In the past I would use a cheap desk
type pc microphone sitting on the desk.  While that worked well, I like
using the new headset as its much easier.

Rich - N5ZC