Re: [WriteLog] RIT Reset in WL messages

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RIT Reset in WL messages
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 22:28:00 -0700
In the CQP last weekend, I had to manually reset the RIT on my TXRX well
over 100 times - can you believe that many guys have *their* RIT or XIT
whacked out when calling a station during a contest?  I wonder how many
others were outside my filters I didn't  hear  due tp added QRN problems!

I had tried the "Multiply" shortcut (a/k/a " * ") in both CW & SSB messages
to no avail.  But then again I'm using a Notebook computer mini-external
keyboard that does not have a numeric keypad.  Is it possible that
"Multiply" means something different on a full-sized keyboard?  Or, is
there no way to use this ***inside*** of the message fields?

I'll go nutso if I can't get WL to do an automatic clear/reset of RIT on
*** BOTH *** CW & SSB messaging after "TU" gets sent.

Tnx for any insights and/or fixes.

73...

Rick, K6VVA