Re: [WriteLog] Wow! check out this USB to Serial adapter

Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Wow! check out this USB to Serial adapter
From: John E Bastin <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:40:05 -0400
On Oct 9, 2005, at 5:02 PM, Bill Coleman wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2005, at 1:22 PM, Charles Morrison wrote:
>

>> Anyone using this or seen this?
>>
>> http://www.cooldrives.com/usb-8com-usb-multi-port-serial-adapter-
>> eight-port-
>> rs-232-serial-usb-adapter.html
>>
>> http://www.vscom.de/produkte/vscom_usb-8com.html
>>

> Interesting. The first link claims support for "Apple OS-8, OS-9, OS-
> X". It's been called MacOS for over a decade now....

Seems a minor point.

> The second link has Windows and Linux drivers featured, but if you
> click on the link for "other", it forbids you access. I suspect the
> MacOS X drivers may be mythical.

I didn't have any trouble.

I don't know how you got there, but from the second link, I clicked
on "Download" (at the top of the window). Then select "Download"
again. I got a server directory. Selected "multiio/", then selected
"others/". Then select "driver/". There you will find "USB2500-OSX.zip".

Hope this helps.

73,

John E Bastin, K8AJS
jbastin@sssnet.com