[WriteLog] WL, RTTY, Mk V Field Filters off-center

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WL, RTTY, Mk V Field Filters off-center
From: D Conklin <dconklin@neo.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:32:32 -0400
What's up with the filters in my Mk V Field

I just installed Inrad 1.8 MHz and 500Hz filters.   The 500 is intended
for the JARTS this weekend.

When I am in the MMTTY plugin in WL in FSK mode, with the Mk V in RTTY
(LSB), I get a RTTY conversation tuned in.

If I then hit NAR1 (to go to the 1.8 MHZ filters), it drops down the
left half of the MMTTY display, but leaves the right half ok - so the
left rtty signal is attenuated and the
thing isn't readable any more.  If I go to NAR2 - switching in the 500
Hz filters the whole screen gets attenuated to nothing and there is no
signal.

If I go to LSB mode (not RTTY) on the Mk V, then the filters act exactly
as expected - the 1.8 MHZ lowers the band noise but doesn't affect the 2
RTTY signals.
Unfortunately, there's no way I can figure out to engage the 500 MHZ
filters in SSB mode.

So, it looks like maybe the filters in RTTY mode are somehow offset to
one side.    I have reset the CPU to factory values and started over, so
I don't think it is some weird setting that I have screwed up.

Any ideas - I really would like to use RTTY mode (FSK) with the 500 Hz
filters.

KD8BIZ