Re: [WriteLog] Network Testing

To: "Richard Thorne" <rmthorne@cox.net>,"WriteLog List" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Network Testing
From: "Irwin Darack" <irwindarack@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:11:57 -0400
Rich,

I did the same this weekend. I am not aware of any networking program that
will simulate a QSO. So, please let me know if you find one?

I am using Windows XP. I took two laptops and set them up to the same
Workgroup in Windows. I set up the C:\Hams files as sharing and made sure
both laptops could see each others files. I then created the same CQWW SSB
Contest files in both laptops and saved them in the same location under
C:\Hams\Contests. Once this was done, I configured both to accept Network
connects and linked them in Writelog. I then tested each laptop by logging
phony QSO's in each one and linking to Packet Spotting through the Internet.
Once I had confirmed each laptop was working, I saved the files and closed
Writelog. My next step was to re-open Writelog and the CQWW SSB files again
on each Laptop without linking them. I then deleted each of the phony QSO's.
Finally, I saved the files again, closed and re-opened Writelog. Networked
the laptops together without entering any QSO's. I tested this final link by
sending Gab's and linking Spots. Once confirmed, closed everything and
packed away for our trip to Canada.

I hope this helps.

Please look for us in CQWW SSB - Zone 2 in Canada as KD3TB/VE2.

Good contesting, Irwin (KD3TB)