Re: [WriteLog] FT1000 older model and Interface RESISTORS?????

To: <k5cm@azalea.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FT1000 older model and Interface RESISTORS?????
From: "DH5HV" <dh5hv@dh5hv.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:44:22 +0200
Hello Sir.

We did the update of 6 (!) FT1000D by sending one to YAESU Europe and then
we took the Eeprom out of the modified one and copied the new firmware with
an Eeprom reader to a PC.
The other FT1000D got their software by cloning the new firmware with an
Eeprom writer.

This saved us a total of at least 300 ? because the software update costs
aprox. 60 ? here.

So please check for a FT1000D user with the latest firmware and clone the
software to your old Eeproms.

A cold start/reset after reinstalling the new chip brings the TRX back
working with firmware 6.0 !

Jochen