Re: [WriteLog] WL and IC-756 pro III

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL and IC-756 pro III
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:06:38 -0900
Check the WL reflector archives.  I believe other ProIII owners have been
advised to use the WL ProII settings and then change the default ProIII CI-V
hex address in the radio to the ProII hex address so it matches what is in
WL.  My original IC-756Pro has a default hex address of 5Ch.  I don't know
where the radio details are stored in WL - they're not in the WriteLog.ini
file, but the Radios.ini file of DXbase says that the default hex address of
the ProII is 64h and the ProIII is 6Eh.  Change the ProIII default CI-V hex
address from 6Eh to 64h and the radio and WL should handshake OK - I don't
know about the micro BandDecoder.

Gary AL9A