Re: [WriteLog] [RTTY] QTC

To: Dick Thompson <wb0dul@adelphia.net>,Writelog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>,RTTY Reflector <rtty-request@contesting.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [RTTY] QTC
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:05:49 -0800 (PST)
Hi Dick,
You have a good question.
Here is an answer: QTC is a Piece of Cake. You can add 50% or more points to
your Total score withoud making any extra contacts. You send (or receive)
batches of 10 previous contacts you made to other guy, you both are adding 10
points.
I am using Writelog.
If you use Writelog - then you are in good shape. This program does the job -
sending/receiving QTC you just push the buttons.
That what I did. (Some hints for you)
1. Copy all 'F' keys exactly from Don's description. This is important.
2. Enter Ten fake (virtual) contacts into the Log.
Then enter Eleventh QSO which must be not NA - you cannot excahnge QTC's within
your own Continent - this would be too sweet.
3. Press ALT-R - in order to receive QTC, You will see some window.
4. Press ALT-S - in order to send QTC, you also will see some nice window.
5. The rest, please read AA5AU's stuff - Don knows everything, and Phil's
GU0SUP also helps a lot.
Please go to:
www.rttycontesting.com
Find there the stuff about sending QTC, also read Phil's GU0SUP notes about QTC
as well.
73's Andrei EW1AR-NC2N (I wrote two years ago in a Soapbox - "What the Heck QTC
is?":)

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@adelphia.net> wrote:
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm hoping I can get an answer to
it.

In the upcoming WAE RTTY Contest there is the sending & receiving of
QTC's. What is a QTC? How do I send them? How do I receive them?
What do I do wqith them after I receive them? Is there a web site that
can explain what they are? Any help would be appreciated. I read
somewhere that you can choose to NOT accept QTC's. Is that true?

I am posting this question to several reflectors in hopes that if one
doesn't answer, maybe another will.

Tnx & 73,

WB0DUL