Re: [WriteLog] Question....macro

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Question....macro
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:52:15 -0900
Not sure of any way to get a macro command to do this, but I think you could
force each QSO to log by tweaking the writelog.ini file.  In the [Settings]
section find the AutoSaveCount= parameter and set the number to 1.  This
will force Writelog to write out each QSO logged.  The downside is as the
log gets bigger the time to write the entire log out to disk gets longer.

This action really isn't necessary anyway.  Writelog keeps a scratch file of
QSO's worked since the last time the entire log was saved to disk.  The
scratch file size is controlled by the same AutoSaveCount= parameter.  Mine
is set to 20.  After the 20th QSO, the contents of the scratch file are
added to the log and the scratch file starts over with new entries.  If you
lose power, have a system crash or whatever, the main log plus the scratch
file are already saved to disk.  When you reboot and restart Writelog it
automatically patches things up and you are back where you left off.  In all
the years I've used Writelog I have NEVER lost so much as a single QSO!

If you are still concerned about this you could also just hit Ctrl-S anytime
to force Writelog to write out the entire log.

Gary AL9A