Re: [WriteLog] QTC's AFTER a contact

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] QTC's AFTER a contact
From: Werner Maier <werner@maiers.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:15:44 +0100
Hi,

> I did this 3 or 4 times during the contest. I left them as dupes. Hope the
> log checkers know what is going on!!

I think they know.

look how writelog saves all those data:
You can imagine it like an big excel sheet,
each line contains one contact. in WAE there are just more
columns than in CQWW, because each QTC needs a own column.

And, as it is required by the contest rules, You have to log the
Callsign to or from you gave/received QTCs, the current band/time
and so on. All those columns are there because they are needed
for a "normal" QSO, too. So they are filled, correctly.
And, if You worked that call already on that band, the QSO is
correctly counted as dupe, and gets no qso points.

And the log checkers do the same. They just don't count QSO points
for a dupe.

What is so bad about dupes?

Werner.
--