[RTTY] The QTC after a contact situation

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] The QTC after a contact situation
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:48:39 -0000
Hi all,

Several have suggested that the way I handled QTC's some time after making a
QSO with a station is open to error, and yes, I agree, it COULD cause an
error.

I will check out what I did, and see how it actually worked for me, but I
seem to remember using a buffer to elicit the contact, and it MAY have been
this fact that caused WL to use that specific call for the exchange of
QTC's, even though I had deleted it from the call area before going on to
exchange QTC's.
All I can say for sure is that it worked for me, and yes, I did check to
make sure that it was correct.

As for dupes, I am not too worried by them, but I prefer to keep my log
looking as neat as possible.
It is a personal choice for me, and yes, my log will occasionally record a
"dupe", where, for example, a QSO was not completed due to QRM/QRN/QSB.
However, I have no desire to have a log splattered with DUPE's just because
it is easier to do so.

Maybe this is something Writelog should address? The ability to select a
call for an exchange of QTC's seperate from the actual QSO?

That's it for now on this subject! No more QTC till next year!

73 all,

Phil GU0SUP