[WriteLog] Fwd: WL Soundcard Mixer FRUSTRATION

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Fwd: WL Soundcard Mixer FRUSTRATION
From: K6VVA <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:50:47 -0800
Many TNX to all for the replies and suggestions.

Yes, I had been using a Stereo to Mono adaptor at the external VOX operated
audio card input.  I am not going to do a full automation thing this time,
as am QRX for (hopefully) Wayne to add my ALT + K "Unlimited SSB Messages"
enhancement.

3 trips to into town (Radio Shack) later, and falling off the wagon buying
a pack of cigarettes, I ended up with a 1/8" stereo to mono "Y" connector
which I thought my solve the problem...and to route only one side of the
audio to the radio with the audio interface.

Unfortunately, l still can't get to the bottom of why WL is still sending
some kind of PTT signal via the DXD to either radio when I push an SSB
message key where the audio is NOT connected to the other radio via a 2nd
outboard sound card (they didn't get the parts to fix my 2nd card in
time).  I know it doesn't seem to make any sense, but the key I use to
hot-switch between radios also sends my callsign.  if I'm on the Radio with
no audio card interface but want to snag someone on the other radio which
does have the audio card, then it makes perfect sense.

Any ideas of what on earth is triggering the PTT when I clearly selected
"NO" for PTT on COMM Port?  I even unchecked the CW only/RTS box on the
Ports dialog box.  My outboard sound cards are VOX operated...I don't want
ANY "PTT" type operation from WL.  I even turned off the PTT switch on the
DXD, but in any case still need to resolve this PTT issue before I get the
2nd audio card back and installed.  I simply do not want PTT under any
circumstances, but can't figure out how to axe it in WL.

Tnx again to all for the suggestions.

73...

Rick, K6VVA