[WriteLog] SS packet spots

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SS packet spots
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:09:50 -0900
Ran the SS this year as an Unlimited station for the first time.  Actually
only the second contest I've used spotting clusters.  I found it very useful
in the CQWW SSB for spotting mults, but was under whelmed by what I was
seeing in the SS contest.

The spots would display on the bandmap ok, but the when they showed up in
the spots window in WL all I was seeing was the callsign and the spot time.
What I had hoped to see was info about which section the station was
actually giving out.  I needed NNY, ME and RI, but many of the 1's and 2's I
went chasing after were in ENY, WNY, NLI, FL, TX, CA, or virtually anyplace
BUT the needed areas.  Is there anyway to configure either WL or the cluster
info to display the section of the spotted station???  I use VE7CC's cluster
interface.

Also, I was having trouble with the check boxes in the WL spots window.  If
I checked the Mults box, I got no spots at all.  I assume since there was no
info coming through about which section the call was in there was no way for
WL to determine if it was a needed mult.  Even more puzzling was if I
checked the In Band box, I still got spots from other bands.  For example,
if I was on 15M I was getting spots for 15M as well as 20M, 40M, etc.  Call
me confused!

Gary AL9A