[WriteLog] The FIX -- Error Message ?!?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] The FIX -- Error Message ?!?
From: "Rick Mintz" <Rmintz@Rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:44:39 -0500
Thanks to Tim, N9LF for helping me (and others) avoid a migraine! This fix
works fine.

Rick W1TY

Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:30:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Tim Gardner <n9lf@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Error Message ?!?
To: writelog@contesting.com

As some have already noted, there seems to be a
program bug that prevents the creation of the Cabrillo
log.  I'm running 10.55D and found the same issue.
There are now doubt several ways to work around the
problem, but here is what I believe is quickest:

1) Note your OK-DX score.
2) Export your OK-DX log in ADIF format.
3) Close Writelog.
4) Open Writelog and start a new contest.  Select CQWW-RTTY.
5) On the File menu, select Import. Choose the OK-DX ADIF file.
6) On the File menu, select Export, Cabrillo (enter Zone & QTH).
7) Close Writelog.
8) Edit the saved Cabrillo log with a text editor and make the following
changes:
   a)  Edit the header to show the correct contest and claimed score and any
other pertinent data.
   b) Change each QSO record to remove the QTH info (most text editors can do
this in one step).

You should now have a valid Cabrillo log.

Tim - N9LF