[WriteLog] CQ 160 Cabrillo Output

Subject: [WriteLog] CQ 160 Cabrillo Output
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:55:28 -0500
Writelog Folk:

I was experimenting with setting up Writelog 10.55D
for the CQWW 160 CW Contest, and the Cabrillo output
is not as I expect.

When entering QSOs, the country is correctly identified
from the callsign, and shown in the "Country" field, and
the multiplier is correctly marked/tallied.

The "QTH" field does not auto-fill, and will accept
a state/province (for W/VE QSOs), a country abbreviation
or prefix, or even a blank space without complaint.

When the Cabrillo file is written out, the received report
includes the "QTH" field as entered. So, for Italians, if
I typed "I" for one, "I7" for another, "IT" for a third,
those strings are what is reported in the Cabrillo file.

In inspecting Cabrillo logs for previous operations using
Writelog in this contest, I see that the country indicator
for all QSOs have been "homogenized", so that all Italians
reflect "I", for example.

The revision history shows an entry under 10.54 saying:

  "Cabrillo output for CQ 160 contest preserves DX
   prefix for non NA calls."

It looks to me like this fix has become "unfixed".

Will someone else configure Writelog for CQ 160 CW, and
see if you can confirm that things are not working as
you might expect?

The contest is only a month away!  ;-)

73,

Jeff  K8ND