[WriteLog] Have to ask a question - darn it.

To: "'WriteLog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Have to ask a question - darn it.
From: "Joseph Lutz" <kwz99@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:36:17 -0500
Hi,

   Just got a chance to install one of my Christmas presents and have copied
all
the instructions, and got through my 1st problem, that of getting the MMTTY
engine into the program.  I admit it is late - and this may be a long night,
but
my mother-in-law has been taken to the emergency room so have to keep
busy while we are waiting word.  Anyway, I have been going step-by-step
with the instructions and I am stopped at the part where I open the RTTY
Window - [1st time I did this, all I got was the RTTY Window - no Rttywrite
window - [the RTTY Window was 'doing it's thing - just could not see what
it was copying'].  Anyway, I rebooted the PC and tried again - and have
done so several times now with the same result: I click on to open the RTTY
Window, it come up on the screen and so does the Rttywrite Window -
BUT I get the following:
RTTYRITE9 has caused an error in MMTTYTNC.DLL. Rttyrite9 will now
close.  [Says if you continue to get this to reboot - which I do every
time].
   Okay - what 'cockpit error' do I have??  PC is a Pent III HP laptop which
I have used with MMTTY 'stand-alone' with no problem - but do not
submit anything after the contests due to having to resort to doing the
figuring on paper.  Any help will be greatly appreciated - I do want to
start this New Year on a better footing than this past one.
73,
Joe W7LPF