Re: [WriteLog] Receive problem with MMTTY plug-in

To: "'Writelog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Receive problem with MMTTY plug-in
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:29:30 -0900
My problem is not digging them out of the mud - it's decoding the loud ones!
I can hear hundreds of S9 or better sigs, but the MMTTY plug-in will not
decode them unless they are 30 - 40 db over S9!  Anything less than that
shows almost no green in the horizontal bar.  The spectrum display
constantly shows "Overflow", even with all the attentuation my radio has.  I
would tend to think there is an overload desense problem, but the stand
alone MMTTY does a much better job.  Go figure!  Managed to work 6 stations
so far.  They all hear me on the first call, but I can only call the ones I
can decode!
Gary AL9A