Re: [WriteLog] RES: IC7000 INTERFACE WITH COMPUTER

To: "PY5EG" <py5eg@inepar.com.br>,"writelog (E-mail)" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RES: IC7000 INTERFACE WITH COMPUTER
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:26:41 -0900
Oms,
Included below is a message I recently sent to Dave K7JJ concerning how to
have WL communicate with his IC-7000.  Dave reported back that it worked for
him.  Perhaps this would work for you too.
Gary AL9A
I don't believe it is possible for you to add the necessary rig drivers.
That has to come from Wayne or one of his cohorts in a update to the main
writelog.exe.  I've been holding off on upgrading to 10.57H because of the
installation problem comments from several others, so I don't know if the
right driver is in that version yet.  A work around may be to use another
similar Icom rig driver such as the IC-706MKII.  You would probably have to
change the IC-7000 default hex address to the address used by the IC-706 to
get some, but probably not all functionality.
Gary AL9A