Re: [WriteLog] CQ WW RTTY WPX

To: "'Writelog@Contesting. Com'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CQ WW RTTY WPX
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:00:57 -0600
It should start with "CQ", but from what I can remember, the contest was
originally sponsored by the ADRS, then was co-sponsored by CQ and The New RTTY
Journal and now is solely with CQ.  I have a plaque from the very first WPX RTTY
contest, but it's not on the wall, so I don't remember what ADRS stood for
(Amateur Digital Radio Society, maybe?).  So this is the reason the module is
called "World Wide WPX RTTY" because that is what it was originally called.
Perhaps Wayne will change it to it's present name of CQ WW RTTY WPX in future WL
updates.

The very first WPX RTTY contest was held in 1995.

HP Single Op was won by AB5KD who we all know now as K5DJ.  I was fortunate to
win Single Op LP that first year.

I do not have the results of 1995, but do have the records.  Records for all WPX
RTTY contests are at:

http://www.rttycontesting.com/records/cqwpxrtty.html

73, Don AA5AU