Re: [WriteLog] Log checking and the cty

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Log checking and the cty
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:31:58 -0500
At 07:06 PM 2/20/2006, Dave L Thompson K4JRB wrote:

>But we live in fear of calls being reassigned.  The French TO call signs
>can be anywhere.  Hopefully TO9A won't be reassigned amythime soon to say
>Reunion (FR5).

Since 1997, callsigns with a TO prefix can be assigned to any of the
four overseas French departments: Reunion, Martinique, Guadeloupe and
French Guyana. Callsigns with a TX prefix can be assigned to any
overseas French territory, for example, New Caledonia or French
Polynesia.  (thanks Jack, F6HMJ)

As to calls being reassigned, this has happened in the following cases:

TO5A is Martinique, FM *except* July 1996, it was used from Guadeloupe, FG.

TO5M was used from Martinique, FM in 1993; from St. Pierre et
Miquelon, FP in 1995; and from Reunion, FR in October 2004.

>The question is do we use the cty as of the end of the contest or the
>current cty.  I use the current cty.

I think the .wl file includes the country data (which is why when you
update your country file and then read in your log, the scoring
doesn't automatically change).  CT does not.  If you are archiving a
CT log, archive the country file along with it so you can reproduce
your score later.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us