[WriteLog] MMTTY Problems

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY Problems
From: "Lloyd S. Smith" <nx4w@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:31:55 -0500
I am sending a copy of the messages that appear below in the hopes of helping
someone else.
Please try it and you may be pleasantly surprised.

I am glad to help.  I have put out this message before and I believe I have
made at least 6 amateurs happy, but no one seems to want to send a copy of
their happiness to the reflector.  There would probably be a lot more happy
campers if they did.

73' Lloyd

> Thanks LLoyd. You're a genius!
>
> 73
> Ed

Ed:

Yes of course you still use the plug-in, you just direct it to the full
version directory when it asks where
MMTTY is located.  Just rename the MMTTY engine to something else so the
plug-in doesn't see it in the Writelog directory and it will ask where it
is.  Direct it to the MMTTY full version directory, which in my case is
C:\program files\mmtty. The main problem I was having was that when the
MMTTY window opened up, the rttyrite window would not stay open.  I have no
idea why it  works, because there is no MMTTY engine in the full directory.
I guess the full version of MMTTY knows that it only needs the engine part
and that is all that runs.

73' Lloyd

> Lloyd, are you saying you do NOT use the plug in?
>
> I think quite a few of us would appreciate a more detailed explanation
> , perhaps step by step, that you did.
>
> 73
> Ed

I know this sounds crazy but it works.  I was having all kinds of trouble
with the engine version of MMTTY and so I deleted the engine from the
Writelog directory and did a full install of MMTTY in it's own directory and
then when Writelog asked me for the path, I directed it to the full install
directory and it has been working perfectly ever since.

Lloyd, NX4W