Re: [WriteLog] 756PROIII Query

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 756PROIII Query
From: K0BX <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:54:08 +0000
Hi Bob, hope to cu in the contest this weekend.

As far as the IC-756PRO-3 I think  you will like it.  I got mine at
Dayton last year and have been really enjoying it.

It is so quite sometimes that I have to check to see if the antenna is
hooked up.  It really works very well on RTTY/FSK and its internal RTTY
terminal unit will copy almost anything.

The only things I dislike is not having dual VFO's, they have a thing
called Dual Watch which is acceptable.

The other thing is the low drive to my amp on SSB.  I get 100 watts
RTTY/CW but on SSB it doesn't drive the amp, Drake L-7 to only about 600
watts where the CW/RTTY  is about 1200 Watts.  My TS-850S would get
about 900 watts.

So that's the facts.

Joe K0BX
STL MO

Bob Jensen - aa7fk wrote:
> Afternoon All,
>
> Hope to see you in the BARTG RTTY action this weekend.
>
> I have a Rig Question, that hopefully some of you can give me some input
> on.  I'm getting ready to purchase a new rig, not because of need .. but
> .. if I'm honest, because of want;  With the new technology that has
> come along since my Icom 761 came out.  I've used my 761 for almost 20
> years with great satisfaction, and would never get rid of it, but like
> me it's getting old I think.  Still functions well, but as I said .. I
> feel I want to play with something new.
>
> So here's a 2 part question:
>
> 1.  Have any of you had a Icom 761 and then upgraded to the 756PROIII
> ??  (Or any of the 756PRO's).  If so, have you found the 756 an
> improvement over the 761 or ???  Appreciate your input.
>
> 2.  Second part, for those who are using the 756PROIII .. how do you
> feel about it after operating it for a while now .. are you satisfied
> with it?
>
> I value your input and thank you for your time.
>
> 73
>
> Catch ya in the Tests I hope.
>
> Bob AA7FK

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk)
without my permission.