Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog - need WL Brain Trust assistance

To: "'JerryBliss - k6iii'" <k6iii@juno.com>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog - need WL Brain Trust assistance
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:59:47 -0500
Hello Jerry,

Well I read you original post (as I bet did others) and I remember at the
time that the Piexx name was a puzzle to me and I even looked it up on the
internet. But since I was not familiar with the interface or the rig I left
it for someone else with that hardware combination to help in your request.

I can only assure you that I have full control of my IC-756ProII and III
with a microHAM USB interface. If the set up is close to mine and you are
using virtual ports the only writelog.ini line or lines you may have to add
is under:

[Ports]
Commslot3=5
Commslot4=6

The above assures that the hardware port of Comm3 gets reasigned to virtual
Comm5 and as well as Com4 is now Virtual Com6. Your setup may be a bit
different.

Under Port Setup in WL the rig, in my case the Icom IC-756PROIII is assigned
to COM5. Baud rate is 19200 (Auto is not recommended), Poll checked and Comm
PTT = No (should not matter as Icom does not support this anyway).

In the entry window, click on the Frequency button and make sure 'Log the
frequency of QSO' is mapped to the port of your choice, 'rig on COMM5' for
me.

By golly that should get you going and if there is a kind sole that is using
your combination that could verify everything then 'Huston we're good to
go'.

73 Eric