Re: [WriteLog] IC751a Plus Piexx UX-14 does not take WL commands

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IC751a Plus Piexx UX-14 does not take WL commands
From: "JerryBliss - k6iii" <k6iii@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:50:38 GMT
Thursday, 11:30am
the saga continues...

OK, still not working, but....

Got old WL10.50 running on the other PC with Windows 98.
Connected IC751a CI-V line up to the COMM1 port and was able to read the radio
freq/mode as before.

Made sure that the W98 port was properly set up. (System Properties, Device
Managers, Ports, COM1 was set for 9600-baud, 8-bits, No parity, 1 stop bit and
Flow Control (I tried all 3 settings; None, Hardware and Xon-Xoff).

STILL NOT ABLE TO COMMAND THE RADIO FROM WL TO ANY FREQ/MODE.

So that pretty much says that I have a problem with this Piexx interface to WL
(even though other s/w loggers work OK).

Do you agree?

I have to take the covers off the IC751a to change baud rate on the UX-14
interface t0 4800-baud (from 9600-baud) and try again.

Oh... bye the way, is anyone else out there running WL thru a Piexx UX-14 to a
ICOM 751a? Does it work OK for you? What are you Piexx switch settings?

Jerry/k6iii