[WriteLog] Collins 30L-1 on RTTY

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Collins 30L-1 on RTTY
From: "Radio Steve" <radio1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:54:28 -0400
Hi All...
I have a new 30L-1 I plan to use for occasional use on RTTY, no contests. Just
setting up an old Collins station for fun.  Mostly will use on SSB. Howevr,
When I want to make some RTTY contacts...how much power "output" can I safley
get out of the 30L-1 without damge. It has 811A's in it now, but I plan on
using 572B for finals, therefore not hurting the tubes as far as Plate
Dissapation on RTTY...but worroy about the Power Supply being small and made
for SSB. You guys think I can get 300 Watts output with the 572B's and a LARGE
muffin fan sucking cool air around the Plate Xfmr  ?
Thanks in advance... Steve WB2VZV
radio1@rochester.rr.com