[WriteLog] 7QP Exchanges

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 7QP Exchanges
From: "Richard S. Leary" <w7lkg@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 02:10:36 -0000
This is FYI for others who may have noticed it,
No complaints from this end, just observations.

Running 10.59D, with XP Pro.

When working other 7 Call Area stations, the entry for state/county (5
character entry) went fine.
It also worked fine for stations changing counties. They were not recorded
as dupes. Stations
Worked on both CW and SSB worked fine. No duping problems there either.

The one area where WL did hang up, and it's probably partly me, was when I
worked another
QSO party (Indiana) station, and got State/County (5 character) entry, WL
would not accept the
NON 7 land report and would refuse to "enter" the QSO. My cure was to put
the State abbrev in the
"RCVD" column, then the County in the "CTY2" column. WL would then accept
and enter the QSO. Took a
Minute or two to figure that out, then all was just fine. EX: Report of
INFUL was not accepted in the "RCVD" column, but IN in "RCVD" and FUL in
"CTY2" worked great.

Did not have any problems at all with 5 character entries in the "RCVD"
column, as long as it was a
Valid 7QP State/County multiplier. That was using the 7QP module. Guess I'll
just make two more logs with Indiana and New England QP's and put the
appropriate contacts in each one.

Just an FYI for those who may have had the same problem.

Would be nice to have a standard "QSO Party" exchange. Who wants to do the
State/County Multiplier.ini
File???

Rick, W7LKG