Re: [WriteLog] LPT Switch SO2R Device

To: "Mike" <k4gmh@arrl.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] LPT Switch SO2R Device
From: "Jim" <jdunbar28@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 04:34:42 -0500
Mike,

You may need the LPT1INIT.exe program to initialize your LPT port after you
start up your computer and have the SO2R device connected to the LPT port on
the back of you computer.

I use this routine and it re-initializes the LPT port that may have one of
the lines in the wrong state.

You have to go to a command prompt with the LPT1INIT.exe program placed in
the C:/ directory of the machine.

So, after I start everything up, I go to Start , Run, and type "cmd" which
then brings up a
command prompt window, and If you are in the C:\ directory, you can then
type in "LPT1INIT" and the program will launch and you will get a port
status echoed back to you after the LPT port has been initialized.

This program is quite often required even after you have installed DL I/O
port or other programs that allow the .ini file to see the LPT address.

Thanks,

Jim
K4PV