[WriteLog] LPT Portd not available after installing Direct IO

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT Portd not available after installing Direct IO
From: "Don" <af4z@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 20:04:54 -0400
I upgraded to Xp some time ago but now need the LPT port for the A/B and
Band Data info.

I have Writelog installed and has worked for some time. Serial ports work
fine.

I installed Direct I/O and ran the test program and the results looked
normal.

When I load Writelog, the LPT Ports are gray’d out so I can not select a
port.

I have set Direct I/O  to run with my c:\ham\WL\programs\WriteL.exe file.

The LPT port works with my printer when connected to that LPT port so the
port is operational.

Has anyone else been down this road and if so, were you able to find a fix?

Any help appreciated.

Don  AF4Z