[WriteLog] WriteLog and RTTY Question

To: Writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog and RTTY Question
From: "Steve, K4FJ" <k4fj@myway.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 16:20:04 -0400 (EDT)

I have a question concerning using WriteLog on RTTY.  I am using WL 10.57 with
WIN XP.  For RTTY, I use RTTYRITE with DXP-38 selected for the TU.  It works
fine.Now to my question.  When I load WL and RttyRite, I also get a window
labled SCOPE.  I find no info about it in WL or RTTYRITE Help files, but maybe
I missed it.  It is obviously a tuning aid but interpreting all it is trying to
tell me is not clear.  It consists of four bars.  One pair forms a cross and
the other pair forms an X, so that I am looking at a compass rose showing line
ends every 45 degrees.  Plus, at the top is a "cursor" that moves left or right
depending on tuning of the signal.  I am looking for info on how best to use
this aid, if it is really useful at all.
The DXP-38 has a front panel tuning aid that is fairly good, but surely not as
good as a real scope.  Yes, I know a real scope is best.
Any info you can provide regarding text describing use of the scope window
would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
73, Steve, K4FJ