Re: [WriteLog] Starting Over

To: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>,Writelog user group <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Starting Over
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@iowadsl.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:30:40 -0500
One problem with windows is that after you install one program,
another one comes along and changes what you already have in there.
Or the new software needs a file that you installed with an older
program, then you uninstall an older program and that takes the
needed file out so that the new software won't run. Sometimes I
remember DOS with fond memories.

At 11:06 AM 7/6/2006, Ed wrote:

>For the life of me, I cannot understand why an installer can not
>be written which will keep track of ALL modifications made when any
>new program is installed. It then becomes a simple matter to merely
>'read" from the list, and delete those files.

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.