[WriteLog] LPT1 gone !

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT1 gone !
From: "Alan Maenchen" <ad6e@inreach.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 22:00:35 -0700
I've been using this setup for a long time, but as I set up for IARU just now I
see that LPT1 is greyed out in Setup/Ports.

I use LPT1 for A/B rig focus and for CW.  This has been working for years on
this machine, but now it's gone.  Both COM1 and COM2 work fine so I can see
both rigs.  Suggestions?

Machine:  2GHz cpu running W2000 pro
Writelog 10.50D  (has been stable)
In the Device Manager, LPT1 is shown with no problems:
   I/O range is 0378-037F
   Port Settings:  Never use an interrupt
   Driver is the usual Microsoft 5.0.2183.1

I've played with the interrupt setting to no avail.

When the machine boots, it does key the rig momentarily so the physical port
seems to work.

73, Al  AD6E