Re: [WriteLog] Initial setup - missing dll file

To: K3MQ <k3mq@bwave.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Initial setup - missing dll file
From: k8dd <hank.kohl@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:40:20 +0000
This happened to me not long ago on XP.
Sounds like you need to up grade the MS Installer.
You should get it from Windows Update, but if you
don't, the file name you need is:
WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe
and it's 2526KB for Windows 2000 SP3 and above.

Like you, I did not have any problem installing on 98SE.

On 7/17/06, K3MQ <k3mq@bwave.com> wrote:
> Just for the fun of it, I tried installing the program onto an old Windows
> 98 machine. Installed without any problem whatsover. I used the exact same
> routine as on the win XP.
>
> So obviously, there is a compatibility problem with Windows XP. The question
> is, what driver(s) do I need, and where do I get them?
>
> Bob -  K3MQ

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you
with experience.'      -anon