[WriteLog] Best PCMCIA serial card for Writelog and Win98

To: "Minnesota Wireless Association" <MWA@w0aa.org>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Best PCMCIA serial card for Writelog and Win98
From: "Tony Wanschura" <tonyjw@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:21:19 -0500
I'd like to find a good PCMCIA serial card to use on a Win98 laptop with
writelog. The laptop has only one serial port, and I want to add a second
one using a PCMCIA slot.

I've tried a couple of cards, one of which will send CW but not see the
radio, and the other of which does neither. It seems all serial PCMCIA cards
are not created equal. Both work okay on my XP machine, but have problems
under Win98.

So, has anyone had any experience using these cards on a Win98 laptop? Which
cards work for you?

Thanks / 73,

Tony, KM0O