Re: [WriteLog] DXpedition Mode

To: "Writelog user group" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] DXpedition Mode
From: k8dd <hank.kohl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:05:59 +0000
Hi Ron & Wayne ....

I've been trying everything I can think of with View | Split .....  Can't find
anything in the Help files.

Select View | Split and I get the vertical line and the horizontal line.
Double click on the horizontal line to get rid of it.
Move the vertical line to the left side of the M column.
Move the horizontal scroll bar on the right window completely to the right.

Now I have two windows -
The left window has SEQ through M
The right window has 30 through Name

Then I did a Setup | Save Configuration
And a Save log.
Quit ...... restarted the log again and the split was gone.  It appears to me
that you can't save the split and have to start it every time?

It still isn't what I'd like ......
I really like the long Name field - I'd use it for short comments!
But what I'd really like to have is:
SEQ, DATE, TIME, FREQ, CALL, M, SNT, RCV, Name, PREF & COUNTRY

Seems to me that this is all that is required for "DXpedition Mode", as opposed
to the whole thing as displayed for "General DXCC Tracking Logkeeper".

I guess if it's hard coded to display the way that it does then that's
the way it is!

73    Hank     K8DD