Re: [WriteLog] NAQP CW setup (MORE)

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] NAQP CW setup (MORE)
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:32:20 -0700
Correction:

 > For CQ/Run Mode, Regular F10 sends call & exchange, then grabs F3 when
the enter button is pushed the 2nd time & logs the QSO.

Make that "...grabs (EGULAR) F3..."

RE:
 > I have two X-Keys external macro button strips mounted at a 45 degree
angle at the top of a mini keyboard...
 > and these buttons (color coded) activate the F-keys in WL.

Much easier than screwing around with SHIFT + (some)F-key combinations when
ya got big hands and fingers :-)

One pix is worth a thousand words: http://www.k6vva.com

Except, for a week now, the two TS-870S rigs are sitting on the floor & I
now have two small TS-480S control heads immediately to the left of the
keyboard.  It's MUCH easier to see the two radio dials (and turn the knobs)
for SO2R than two rigs widely spread out left & right.

Still, the challenge is to push the correct button!

73...

Rick, K6VVA